The holidays are upon us all in Easley. All of us Easley chiropractors, teachers, parents, workers, and employees are feeling the holiday stress. Let’s all make a vow to better cope this year! Here are 5 tools Young Chiropractic offers:
- A Grateful Attitude
- Be grateful. Gratitude leads to joy which is what the holiday season is all about!
- Eat well particularly on in-between party days.
- Mix in fruits and vegetables.
- Enjoy the sweets, and keep them under control. Unneeded sugar for immediate energy turns into fat. Fat doesn’t help back pain or attitude!
- Stay hydrated. Start a new water drinking routine. Eight glasses of water a day is a fine start! Young Chiropractic encourages water consumption for your bone, skin, spinal disc, bowel, mind, and appetite! (1)
- Just move. Walk more.
- Schedule a workout or a yoga class (2) or a walk at the gym or on the treadmill.
- Start a new routine of waking to motion with a simple exercise you can do while in bed even: knee-chest and hamstring stretch.
- Don’t ignore signs of back pain or neck pain. All that Easley shopping and gift wrapping (There's no ideal position to get this job done!) may strain your spine. Plan a visit to your Easley chiropractor - your back pain specialist - sooner than later. Young Chiropractic is here for you!
- Breathe. Focus on the breath when too many choices appear, too many cookies have to be baked, too many gifts have to be wrapped. Just breathe. It's amazing what 6 even breaths in and out will do.
- Visualize calm. When "too much" comes your way, visualize yourself in your favorite location: a beach, a snow capped mountain, a hot tub, a lounge chair in front of a fire. Ahhh.
- Close your eyes. Not while you're actually driving to grandmother's house, but close your eyes for a moment while sitting at your desk or in your car. Closing your eyes shuts out all the stimuli if only for a moment.
- Soak in the sun whenever possible. Its Vitamin D does wonders for your bones and immunity and spirit! (3)
- Enjoy some Easley chiropractic care!
- Sleep gives your mind and body a rest to be ready for more! (4)
The holidays are so busy. The time is so short. The demands – self imposed or family imposed or work imposed or society imposed – are high. Your Easley chiropractor and all the staff at Young Chiropractic feel it, too. Let’s support each other this year! Young Chiropractic looks forward to your relaxing, re-energizing, pain-relieving holiday Easley chiropractic visit! Contact us today. Happy Holidays!