From making the first chiropractic appointment to discovering pain relief, you are central to the process.
You will find that if you engage to the fullest in your care, you will learn to avoid pain-producing situations, discover that you improve much quicker, and stay pain-free. Many factors aid in your healing process and continued pain-free quality of life:
- Making all the in-office appointments as recommended
- Understanding fully your spinal pain symptoms
- Abiding by the suggestions for its relief
- Conforming your activities of daily living including your job, if necessary
- Recognizing limitations that your spinal condition may impose
Recommendations for your at-home chiropractic care may incorporate exercise, hot/cold therapy, massage, nutrition as well as use of appropriate posture and movement skills.
You will discover that you do have control over your symptom even though there may not be a cure for the condition. You are fundamental to your care. You can regain the quality of life you want and deserve.
Some tips for at-home care: